Friday, August 24, 2007

Who is the most committed person you know?

Asked by Steven Howard

Steven,

The most committed person I have known in my professional life has been one of the Leaders I worked with in my early years of career, well known as G N Mathur (fondly called as GNM). His patience, perseverance, ability to connect to all regardless of their age or experience, the smiling face who had an answer to every one's problem and his organized way of working (complete balance of personal and professional work), the timely results and follow-ups and information sharing....I could just go on and on....were all factors, which made me see his commitment levels so high. All around him, always saw him as a true leader who, "Walked the Talk". Ever encouraging and creating a high self-esteem in all the employees, the way every person looked and spoke high of him, through out his career and even today (after his retirement) speaks volumes about him. I guess the only reason I can see what made him commit so much was probably his good nature to "Do good for people and do your work well". The effect that people had for him can be summarised in statements like, "We are here in this organization, since he is there", "I wish I could be like him", "Where does he get the answers for all queries and his patience to resolve conflicts?" et al... I sincerely admire him and wish I could imbibe some of the things that he did for us, to make us believe that we can do wonders and we had the capability to grow high. Several lessons taught through subtle experiences and observing his own way of working has brought major impacts in my own perspectives as it stands today and I am happy about it. I have seen him very balanced and therefore I think it is in the mind and control of one's own self that we are able to provide time for all activities. We on our own should be able to draw a line of what we can do, what we want to do and what we are doing. Hope this helped.

Best Regards,
Sujatha

No comments: