Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I have a leadership question.

I have a leadership question. Is there a conflict between your role as a manager to deliver, today vs. your role as a team leader, with responsibilities to coach your team? What do you do if they cannot deliver today? Do you do it yourself, or what?

Asked by Michael Mocatta

Michael, In my personal opinion there should not be a conflict if one is aware and prepared for the scenario. For example, when I had to develop groups in some of the organizations which were start up, I was expected to deliver and also coach my team, as and when they joined. We probably need to strategize well and make preparations well ahead which are necessary to ensure that our time and priorities do not fall apart and we are able to balance this dual roles. It may involve a lot of stretching and pressure initially, but it is well paid off very soon, once the team is ready to take charge of activities on their own.
Regards,
Sujatha

No comments: